Kanban View based on Related Row datatype

I created an task sheet, the status column was a related row (status is list of Logs tracked in another worksheet) as we wanted re-use status LOV’s across different worksheets.

I now want to build Kanban View based on the Status column. But Kanban view only works on Select Icon Set, User Data type.

Is there any work around for this?

Welcome to the Spreadsheet community @Int360_Design_Studio !!

To reuse list of values as Select options across worksheets, in Select column configuration you can set Source field as ‘Range of Cells’ or Named Range.

2 Likes

What if I want to use this named range across different cookbooks. In the example shown above, the status in the same workbook but different worksheets

Using named-ranges / range-of-cells in Select configuration is limited to referencing other worksheets in the same workbook and only relationships can be configured cross-workbook as of today.

Request you share this requirement ( single cardinality relationships in Kanban view ) as an enhancement with references to this post for the Product Manager to consider it for product backlog and accordingly scope for any future release.

In the meanwhile, just as a workaround you can consider this approach :

• Continue to use related-row for setting Select options over a cross workbook relationship.

• For such related-row column, also configure an additional Select column for which Source is configured as Related-Row column range ( we can mark this redundant column as hidden later ).

• Auto-fill each cell in this Select column with formulas to pull the related-row cell value on each row onto the Select column cell automatically. It will dynamically update to reflect any changes made to related-row cell.

• Now use this redundant ( but complementing ) Select column in Kanban view configuration.

1 Like

Thank you! This is helpful, we have just onboarded our workflow and really like the ease of use of this software.

I will add it as a n enhancement request.

Regards,
Manjusha