Moving Rows by Dragging

Perhaps I haven’t figured out how SSDC does it yet, but I hope there ends up being a way to move rows by clicking-and-dragging with the mouse. Google Sheets provides the most intuitive method: turning the “+” mouse pointer into a hand as you drag the row number. Excel is less intuitive, requiring you to press SHIFT as you click and drag the end of a selection.

1 Like

This is in our roadmap - Drag and reorder like in Google Sheets.

1 Like

I’m having trouble its not working. The move up or down option is grayed out and it won’t let me drag to re-order

Dragging to reorder rows is not enabled now. We are working on a bunch of Project Management related enhancements and DnD rows is part of it. We should be able to release these enhancements this quarter (Q2) itself

1 Like

This doesn’t look like it has been released? Just checking because this would be useful and looks like its been on the roadmap for 2 1/2 years.

2 Likes

Thanks for bubbling this up @Jesse_Wallace and we agree on the importance of it. We had hoped to release dragging to reorder rows by now, however, this feature is active in our development queue now and we do expect it to arrive within the next 2-3 months. It is a key component of the set of project management-centric features we are focused on.

1 Like

hi there,

i guess this feature is not yet released as of now?

also, if not by drag and drop - is it possible at all to conveniently move rows?

Welcome @Franz_Ausserstorfer

We are currently working on this feature and expect it to be released in just a few weeks.

Meanwhile, there are a couple ways you can move rows today without using drag and drop:

1. Cut and paste, details here: https://support.spreadsheet.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030703252-Moving-Rows

2. Moving rows via automation actions, details here: https://support.spreadsheet.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402157581460-Standard-Action-Types

Hope this helps,
Matt

wow ok :slight_smile: … hehe…

well - please move this simple but absolutely must have feature to the top priority or give it a vote up on…

2 Likes

This feature would help me a lot. Please release it soon. I see 2 years of “it’s coming soon.” in your support queue.

1 Like

@Eric_Thompson - Currently under advanced dev stages. Expected to come out in a few weeks.

3 Likes

I’m new to SSDC and already loving it. However just came across this ‘bug’ and can’t believe this is not possible yet… It’s making me crazy as if the column is hidden, then cut and paste don’t work as well.

Hi @Reeve_Yew,

Welcome to Spreadsheet.com community!
We have a bug #4028 with visual cue on selection when hidden columns are involved.
Will update here once the issue is resolved.

Thanks.

Moving rows by dragging is available now in the product.

For quick reference, please follow the below links

and

Thanks.

2 Likes

Awesome! It works very smoothly and intuitively. Thank you!!

3 Likes