MAXIF, MAXIFS, MINIF, MINIFS, VALUE functions

I’ve gone through the entire list of Google Sheets and Excel formulas to identify the functions that SSDC doesn’t currently have. Here are the functions I’d like to see, with the functions in bold that are particularly important to me.

MAXIF, MAXIFS, MINIF, MINIFS
VALUE (and N, NUMBERVALUE)
FILTER, SORT, SORTBY, SORTN (relatively new array formulas)
IFS
ISFORMULA
DATEDIF
IMAGE (google sheets, I really like how an image can expand and contract based on the cell size. Your Attachments data type is a great feature, but there are still uses for IMAGE)
SPARKLINE (google sheets - some very cool incell graphic potential)
SEQUENCE (google sheets - useful in array formulas)
[Array Formulas in general]

If I was doing more statistics, there are others that I’d like, such as QUARTILE, PERCENTRANK, VAR, COVAR, but I haven’t done a lot of that lately.

I’m extremely impressed with how many functions spreadsheet.com already has.

5 Likes

ISFORMULA is coming soon. We’ll follow up with more details on others in this thread.

1 Like

More functions to add to this list:

SORT (and SORTBY, while you’re at it)

There are many times when you just want to permanently sort a selected range of cells. Using the SORT function in combination with copy and “paste values” would be a way to work around the lack of a sort feature that lets you permanently sort a selected range of cells. The way I am doing it right now is copying to google sheets, sorting, then copying back to spreadsheet.com and fixing formatting.

The FILTER function is also a pretty handy function.

ISFORMULA is now available as part of today’s release.

MAXIFS and MINIFS are in progress, coming soon.

The MAXIFS, MINIFS, and VALUE functions are now supported as of today’s updates.

Following up on this thread, the MAXIFS, MINIFS, and VALUE functions are now supported as of today’s updates…
(Note: we do not plan to add MINIF or MAXIF functions primarily because these do not exist in traditional spreadsheets, however, this can be done through a combination of MIN and IF, or MAX and IF).

1 Like

This is great.

For customer relationship management, the MAXIFS function can be used to select the most recent (maximum) call date from a call log for a given customer (to populate a “Last Contact” field).

For project management, MAXIFS and MINIFS can be used to find the largest end date or earliest start date based on multiple criteria. The particular use I’m thinking of can also be done with MAX and DESCENDANTCELLS if you are using indenting.

For inventory management and purchasing, MINIFS can be used to find a price from a price list table containing volume discounts, based on item and quantity, without requiring the data to be sorted in a particular direction (more powerful in my opinion than trying to set up a vlookup solution with a concatenated helper column).

1 Like

I would like to place my vote for:
Datedif
DATETIME_FORMAT

and more functions with Arrays, especially being that most cells will now contain arrays.

thanks in advance! :pray:t5:

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for this feedback. Support for DATEDIF is planned.

I’m not familiar with a DATETIME_FORMAT function in other spreadsheets. Is this a custom function you have come across? Would love a pointer to how you’d expect this function to work.

We are actively working on array syntax support: Ability to use array syntax such as A1:A10 * B1:B10 and { A1, A2, A3 } in formulas. This is a prerequisite for array function support.

Matt

1 Like

ah! maybe DATETIME_FORMAT was a custom airtable function. I was able to use YEAR() to get what I needed, so you can scratch that one.

Got it, thanks. Glad you found what you were looking for. We plan to add better validation to the Column Formula editor to catch unsupported formulas earlier.

@benjamin_gunter The DATEDIF function is now supported as of today’s update:

2 Likes

The IFS function is now supported as of the May 22, 2021 product update.

1 Like