Double-Click on Fill Handle to Copy Down

I’m really missing the ability to double-click on a fill handle to copy formulas down. Maybe there is a shortcut I’m not aware of, but without CTRL+DownArrow or other keyboard shortcuts to quickly extend a selection down 100+ rows, the scrolling method is just a drag (pun intended). :slight_smile:

Actually we do support it (you double click the fill handle). I think its called ‘Riding a Range’ in MS lingo. But you need to have contiguous non-empty cells in the column to the right or left for a vertical Range to be filled.
However, currently we do not have the smarts to interpret and extrapolate patterns ( 1, 2, 3… 1, 3, 5… ) while filling up the Range. That is being planned.

I may be missing something here. Please let me know.

An “AutoFill”-like feature would be nice. You are right … if the cells are already empty, double-clicking will fill down.

But, I’m referring to when you change a formula and then want to copy that new formula down to overwrite the existing cells. In Excel and Google Sheets, the fill stops at the next blank cell.

Test Worksheet

1 Like

“I’m referring to when you change a formula and then want to copy that new formula down to overwrite the existing cells. In Excel and Google Sheets, the fill stops at the next blank cell.”

Tracking this as #001764

I was wrong. Excel has this behavior, but Google Sheets doesn’t (GS only fills empty cells). Maybe this ought to be a lower priority.