Automations: Gmail to non-user

Greetings,

Will the ability to email non-users in the Automation be looked at?

thanks in advance.

You can today send email to a ‘Email datatype column’.

We plan to add support to send email to a literal email address - ie, type in the email inside the automation itself.

1 Like

How did you set up that column?? I don’t understand how you got it to show up in the Action :frowning:

TIA!

Please create a column with type set as “Email” in your sheet and the column should then show up in the Automation action.

It is set to Email in my sheet, and my options are only the users, not any column options. (see screenshot)

@Tabitha_Messmore - Automations are generally two types

1. Reactive - When something happens in a row - do something
  2. Periodic - Every X units-of-time. ( Every Friday and so on)

Periodic automations do not run in the context of a row - so you cannot use a row’s owner/email column attribute there. We plan to allow users to iterate through rows and send row specific notifications in the future. For eg, Every Monday morning, send a reminder mail to owners of delayed tasks.

However, if you could describe what you are trying to achieve - we will assist here.

1 Like

Thanks Murali! That makes sense.
I wanted to automatically send a reminder email every week to emails in a column. So similar to what you’re describing for the plan. If I can’t do it now, no big deal- just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something! :slight_smile:

Thanks for all your help!!

1 Like

@Tabitha_Messmore This use case makes sense and is something we want to support as we expand the capabilities of recurring automations.

1 Like