Templates View Formulas after Import

After I import excel data into my template, I can only see the results of the formula in the template, but I can’t see the formula itself. How can I view the formulas after the import?

Welcome @Matthew, are you importing an XLS/XSLX file or copying and pasting in data from an Excel file?

Thank you. I import my excel file into my template. I tried to copy the excel data and paste it into my template but it doesn’t let me, which is ok. The template formulae give me the correct result but I feel uncomfortable if I can’t see the formula giving me that result.

Hi Matthew, Which feature are you using to “import my excel file into my template”? Perhaps a screenshot or video of how you are doing this would help.

If you import an Excel file using our Import from Excel feature, your formulas should be maintained and editable:

Regards,
Matt

This is my worksheet. Note the formula in the formula bar. If I drop down to N3, the formula returns “Duplicate” but I cannot see the formula in the formula bar. It’s just blank. How can I see the formula in the formula bar after the formula returns it’s output?

Hi @Matthew, Do you mind emailing us about this at support@spreadsheet.com. We’ll work with you to take a look.

Regards,
Matt