Dragging data between sheets

Hi there I am new to this software i have built out 4 spread shets that relate to mortgages in the UK. The firts sheet is Mortgage Fact Find we have to put a lot of data about the customer ie names DOB address Contact detials Work details attitude to risk Mortgage They loking for. This all has to be filled in by the broker

The next form is called a Mortgage Application the vast majority of this needs to be filled in by the broker however there is a lot of repetative data and I have treid Vlookup to Pul this data through can not do it I know the formual very well from goodle sheets

The next from is a Mortgage Sighn Off form again a lot of this data is on the mortgage application we want to pull data so it resuced repetative input.

Finally we have a mortgage new buisness register and all the data need to be pulled from the other 3 sheets can any help me out here
The next from is a Mortgage Sighn Off form again a lot of this data is on the mortgage application we want to pull data so it resuced repetative input.

Finally we have a mortgage new buisness register and all the data need to be pulled from the other 3 sheets can any help me out here

Welcome @Kevin_Patrick_McGee

A more robust way to pull in related data from different worksheets is by using our Related Rows feature. More details here:

Hi Matt thanks for advice

So if i had one sheet in one work book Lets say its called First Name
I then have another work book with needs the First Name Again

Would I go onto The first Woorks Sheet Right click and select the second sheet then the sheets are realted

How do i do this for individual cells between sheets

cheers

I have Attached a couple of screen shots uts comemphasized texting through but i the wrong colums

You would change the data type of the column to Related Row, select the worksheet to link to, and then you’d be able to select related rows from that sheet.

You can then use Related row lookups to pull related data from the linked worksheets. All of this can be done without writing formulas.

More on Related row lookups here:

Regards,
Matt

I will try and explain what I am
Trying to do

I have built out 4 sheets
Mortgage fact find
Mortgage application
Mortgage sign off file
Mortgage NbR

The main this I nee to do is link all

The sheets and due to the nature of financial services data is repetitive

From fact find I will need to copy data like name address into the mortgage application work sheet
From mortgage application I need to pull data in to mortgage sign of file thinks Luke mortgage amount key facts

And the mortgage nbr is made up of data from the three other sheets

Just need a bit of help setting this up

Cheers

Can u do a screen share

Matt Could You Kindly expalin to me how i can copy data between sheets. I do not think the related row is the way to do it. I am quite good with excell and the VLOOKUP function allows from data in different workshetts to be copied =VLOOKUP(Source Worksheetdata, Cell or full row, Ron Number< false) I am looking for this des this software allow this function ]

cheers

Matt Your communications scales are amazing

Hi Kevin
I’m just looking at your formula in the screen shot. Would it be right to say that the first argument is looking at the wrong sheet? Would it not be better to say
=vlookup(‘Mortgage Application’!A1,‘Mortgage Factfind’!A1:KR1,XX,false)

This would mean that you are looking up the Mortgage Application Reference from A1 in the sheet in the picture, in the array A1:KR1 in the FactFind Sheet (assuming Column A in the FactFind sheet is also the Mortgage Application Reference number) then returning Column XX’s value from the FactFind array (whichever column is the Applicants First Name, (I doubt it is column1 as column 1 is always the look up value (i.e. in this case Mortgage Application Reference?))
At the moment all the arguments are looking at the FactFind sheet. Nothing is coming from the current sheet.
I hope this helps.
Kind regards
Debbie

That’s really helpful.

I would add here Kevin that the array would normally be more than just 1 row. It is usually the whole list of applicants from the sheet. So the tool would look at the Mortgage Application Reference number and compare it to ALL the records in the FactFind sheet until it finds the exact match. Then it returns the Firstname, etc… So the array argument would normally be something like A1:KR100 (assuming 100 rows of data in the FactFind sheet).
I hope that makes sense…
Kind regards
Debbie

Hi Debbie I have tried that not got it working do u offer private services to her this set up
For me

Thank u

Is it possible u can do a screen share

Hi Kevin, if you email me on debbie.sawyer@smarterbusinessprocesses.com I can invite you to a Zoom/MS teams call and help you get this working.

Kind regards
Debbie

If we zoom Kevin, I can see your screen and guide you on how to get the formula entered. I could also talk you through the related rows solution that Matt pointed you to…

1 Like

I do not have a webcam do i need one

You shouldn’t need one. Do you have Zoom or MS Teams installed? Both of those meeting platforms allow screen sharing.

1 Like

Debbie When you do a formula in this app how do u make sure the function propigates down as new rows are been added

Hi Kevin
If you have a formula that you require on every row (using the same syntax) eg Column A + Column B type formula, then you need to make the column a “Column Formula” data type and declare the formula in the columns properties, then it will automatically be there for all new rows.

1 Like