Subfolders and hierarchical organization

Hello,
Is it possible to create sub-folder in the home menu?
Are there a solutions or suggestions to organize in a hierarchical way the foders and/or the workbooks (like a WBS)?
Thank you

2 Likes

The ability to create sub-folders within folders is something we have considered in the past. There are no current plans to build this capability but we may consider adding it in the future.

1 Like

Thank you @matt,
Do you have some suggestions or tips to get closer to this behavior?
Again thank you

The only thing I would suggest for now is organizing your workspace into Folders for distinct topics or WBS items, and moving relevant workbooks into each.

I am surprised there aren’t more comments about this. I am a new user and the inability to create subfolders is likely a deal breaker for me. Anyone else feel the same way?

1 Like

Welcome @Julie_Connolly, Subfolders have been requested but as you’ve noticed we have not implemented them primarily for simplicity. However, if there is strong demand for subfolders this is something we will consider adding. Thanks for raising this.

Hi Matt, Thanks so much for the response! Would it be better to create a new thread on this to see if there is a strong need for it? It seems like it would be an obvious need for most people considering the way most folders are organized with on hard drives etc, but maybe it’s just me.

Thanks for raising this @Julie_Connolly. This is the right thread for the topic.

Sounds good.
If anyone else would like the ability to have subfolders and a hierarchical structure please like this thread.

3 Likes

Totally agree that this functionality is expected and needed!

1 Like

@Laima_Haley - We will be releasing support for 2 level folders in a few weeks. I expect it to be available in May.

1 Like