Retaining history of a row

Hello,

I am creating (importing) an Asset management spreadsheet with over 7,000 rows. These assets are used by clients and returned to inventory when they (the client) leaves. I need to keep the history of each asset. It sounds like copying the row to another sheet is the only way currently to accomplish this. I thought of a parent/child hierarchy approach might work, but it needs to be “user-easy”. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Carol

1 Like

We plan to rollout a ‘Row & Cell level History’ feature in the next quarter. It is one of the more important features in our immediate road-map. The ‘history’ tab will show how each cell changed ( and by whom - it is an Audit Trail). The cell histories roll up to the Row level. Ie, Row level history will also show all cell level changes.

Does this satisfy your requirements? If not, a call with Matt to explain your usecase would help.

Also planned are Backup Snapshot and Rollback to Snapshot features.

1 Like

Hi,

This sound like it could work. If I was building this as an app with a back-end db. I would create a history file/audit trail of the changes.

I look forward to making this work!

Carol

1 Like

Excellent. As @Murali_Mohan mentioned cell & row history, workbook backups, ability to roll back to backed up versions, and also export to Excel are immediate priorities for us (ETA Q3 '20). A workbook-level Audit Trail is also on the roadmap though a bit further out (ETA TBD).