Order of the list of Views

I have a workbook with 10 views that I (as owner) ordered manually. Strangely other users (that have access at editor level) don’t see the views in the same order (but also not alphabetical or anything similar). If I reorder the views, it doesn’t change for them. How can I make sure other users see the list of views in the same order?

Welcome @urs.r

By design each user can change the order of the Views they see in each worksheet, even if they are only an Editor. Currently when a workbook is shared with other users they will see Views ordered in the order in which they were created.

Since there can be multiple Owners of a workbook, there is no way to know which user to inherit view order from for newly added users. However, the idea of specifying a user from whom new users should inherit view order from makes sense and is something we are considering for the future.

We’ll update this thread as soon as we have more to share.

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks Matt, so given that background I solved it by just copying views in the order we want them to appear and deleted the originals. That work-around worked.

1 Like