Mirroring Cells between Workbooks

I’m trying to find a way for a column in one workbook to mirror the column in another. Workbook 1 is the main worklist that automatically moves rows to Workbook 2 based on some other formulas. Once that data is in Workbook 2, the person responsible for reviewing it marks the status. I want that status to reflect in Workbook 1 as it changes in Workbook 2.

Any thoughts or workarounds as to how to do this?

Thanks!

Hi Cody,

Thank you for reaching out about this and happy to help!

My first idea would be to utilize “Related Rows” as a way to link these separate rows of data together across Workbooks. That way any changes you make on one end can be reflected on the other side. I’m including a short video below to highlight what I mean and would be happy to connect if you’d like to work through this in more detail.

Thomas Video (here)

Let me know if you have additional questions Cody!

Best,
Thomas Van Steyn
Customer Success Manager

Hi Thomas,

Thanks so much for this! I think this is definitely the route for me to take. I have one follow up question. Ideally, I would be able to automate this process. Here is the workflow:

1. Manually paste data into workbook 1 (I would love for this to be the only manual step)
  2. If column AU = Team 1, the row is copied to workbook 2.
  3. I have a related row in workbook 1. Is there a way to automatically create a link here when the row is copied so that after the row is copied I don’t need to manually link each row in Workbook 1 to Workbook 2?

Hi Cody,

This is possible as and I’ve included a short video to highlight how this would work. Just to clarify, the “Related Row” needs to still be pointing to the source which I’ll talk more about in the short video but that will be important in making this workflow possible.

Thomas Video 2 (here)

Let me know how this works for you and have a great weekend!

Best,
Thomas