Level of restriction

Hello Team,
I am using the asset Management template for my organization with assigned roles to team members for inputting new assets and editing retired assets. My concern here is, whether is it possible to restrict the deletion of the row or cell by the editor who has access to only add but not to delete. This concern is based on the SNOW management system which the techie can’t delete but add and update the status of asset.

Thank you to look into this direction and give me a clue.

Hi Andy,

Thank you for reaching out and it’s nice to virtually meet you! My name is Thomas and I lead Customer Success here at Spreadsheet.com.

Currently, there isn’t a way to restrict an “Editor” from the ability to “Delete” a row that they have access to. This is a feature request that we are tracking as “Cell/Row Permissions” but we do not have this available as of today.

With that said, using “Version History” would allow you to recover any accidentally deleted rows in your Workbook so that if this does end up happening you can recover that work.

Version History (here)

I’ll record this as a +1 and circle back to this thread once we have support for this.

Best,
Thomas Van Steyn
Customer Success Manager

1 Like