Is uploading an attachment treated as column updation?

Hi,

I created one simple automation in my first sheet (named ‘Table’ in my workspace) which states that “Send an email to the owner when column J is updated”

Now in column J, I have set the data type as ‘attachment’.

I was expecting that the automation would be triggered as and when someone uploads an attachment in the said column J. However, I have observed that uploading an attachment is not triggering the automation. It’s only when I write something in the column J ( in the lower row cells having ‘Automatic’ datatype) that this automation is triggered, and I get the email.

Can the members please advise me on this issue ? I think that even uploading an attachment in one of the cell of a column should be considered as an update of the said column.

For my use case, I specifically need this feature to get an email whenever someone uploads an attachment. So any workaround is much appreciated.

Regards,
Shekhar

Welcome to the community Shekhar.

Unfortunately, you have hit a bug. As you expect, adding or removing an attachment from the column should trigger the update automation. This is being tracked internally and will be fixed in one of the upcoming releases. I’ll update this thread when the fix is out.

1 Like

We are tracking this internally as issue #004410

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your clarification. I shall wait for the resolving of this bug.

Regards,
Shekhar