How to search/find across a whole workbook?

Hi all

The ‘find function’ only searches within the current worksheet. How to perform a search across multiple worksheets/ the whole file (workbook)?

Thx for your help

Hello. We currently do not have that functionality.

Long term we do plan to provide a global search capability (i.e. an easy way to search throughout all of your workbooks). No ETA on this, will update this thread when we have more to share here.

By any chance is there any update on this?

Hi Jason,

Thank you for reaching out about this and hope you are having a great Tuesday so far!

We have just released a new update to our Search feature by introducing “Global Seach” which allows you to quickly search across all workspaces you have access to for “Workbooks, Reports, Dashboards, Worksheets, and Views”. I’m including a link to our documentation around this and also a short video showing this in action.

Help Documentation

Let us know if you have additional questions on this Jason and thank you again for reaching out.

Best,
Thomas

Hi Thomas, thanks for the update! Do I understand correctly that “Global Search” only works to search for titles of Workbooks, Views etc. but not actually for content within a row? (which was originally meant by my question, similar to ‘search in workbook’ in Excel)
Thanks for your clarification.
Best
Urs

Hi Urs,

Thank you for the clarification on this and you are right this is not available in terms of a search across your workbook for specific data. This is still part of our enhancement for the Search feature to enable this capability in the future.

Sorry for the confusion Urs!

Best,
Thomas