Form View: Need to See Photos/Info for Related Rows

One thing I really like about SSDC is the extra info that you can see about a related row when you are choosing an option from a drop-down list … like this:

In the Form View, when selecting an option from a drop-down list in a form, you don’t see all of that extra info … instead of a cryptic product id or facility id or other type of item or product #. Here is the corresponding drop-down option in the Form View:

I think it would be great if the drop-down list was able to have an icon or something that you could click on that would pull up the related row view instead of just the list of ids. You might not want to enable that for a public form, but for internal use, it might make the difference between a usable and an unusable form. Selecting based on just a facility ID for example means that the ID must contain enough info that the person completing the form will be able to know which option to choose. I think in many cases, people won’t be able to change their entire database of IDs or product #s just so that they can make a form easier to use.

1 Like

Right. Exposing too much info in a internet facing public form is the reason why we held back. Perhaps the Related-Row List View could be the non-default option - with guidance on usage.

1 Like