Copy & Paste: ignoring hidden columns

Greetings,

Wondering if it would be possible when copying & pasting data in a sheet with hidden columns, that it would paste to the columns that are visible.
I often copy only certain data from one place, and have created a View to match those columns, and would like to be able to paste the data just in those columns.

thanks again for listening.
talk soon.

2 Likes

Hi Benjamin,

Yes, it would seem helpful to have the case that you are referring to. If not as a default, probably as an option. We don’t have it today as this does not seem to be traditional spreadsheet software behavior. The generalization is that all data actions are done on contiguous ranges and hidden columns break that assumption.

We will consider this suggestion, deliberate and get back.

Thanks for the submission.

1 Like

I share this same issue - it’s really a problem once you have specific views that you want to manipulate. There have been a number of times I have broke things because of the hidden columns.

1 Like

Thanks for re-surfacing this @Jesse_Wallace. We will discuss the possibility of prioritizing this for the near term roadmap and follow up here when we have more to share.

hi there,

i also have problems when trying to copy paste rows while there are hidden columns…
the pasted data is in the wrong columns ?!

what is the current state of the affair, how is it supposed to work at the moment? is it only possible to flawlessly copy paste rows when all columns are visible?