Column formula doesn't work in Summary sheet template

Hi,

I’m using the Summary sheet from the template Income and Expense Tracker. I found that if I add a row in the middle of data, the formula does not copy down, so I thought I would make the cell formula a column formula. This does not work. Is there something that I’m missing?

SUM($F6,OFFSET($J6,-1,0))

All the rows now have #REF!

Hi Angela,

Thank you for sharing this and happy to help.

First, when I looked into this on the Expense Tracker it does look like the column formula for me is added to each new row. However, the values show nothing until you enter information into one of the months. So this is why you are not seeing the $0.00 as a placeholder until the other information is added.

With that said the formula you are using for the column formula should work for you but you just need to adjust the formula a bit. I’ve included an updated example below that works:

SUM(F,OFFSET(J, -1, 0)) - Since this is a column formula you don’t need to define a column with $F6 or $J6 since the column formula will apply this to everything at the start of your table.

Would be happy to connect if this is still not working for you or if you have further questions so please let me know so I can reach out to schedule a call.

Best,

Thomas Van Steyn
Customer Success Manager

1 Like

Hi Thomas,

Thank you, thank you, thank you! The updated formula worked. I LOVE column formulas. :blush:

2 Likes