Color Picker - Palette of Used/Recent colors

I’d love to see a row of “Used” colors in the Color Picker.
A row that shows all the colors currently being used in the Spreadsheet.
i.e. If it’s a fill color, that “Used” Row will show a row of all the FILL colors already being used that you can pick from. If it’s a text color, that “Used” Row will show a row of all the TEXT colors already being used. (So it should be different for how/where that color is being used)

Maybe have it (horizontally) sorted by most recent? First color used (that is still being used) will be at the leftmost spot; last color used (still being used) will be at the rightmost spot? When a color is no longer being used in the sheet, it should disappear from this “Used” row? It could go across multiple rows if a lot of colors are being used.

Many times, I re-use the same colors in the sheet.
But I don’t memorize the exact shade, and I spend time trying to figure out which shade I used of a color.

So - why not just have a row that shows the colors currently being used in the Color Picker, under what is currently available?

This makes sense.

• Recently used colours
  • Oob themes, and user created themes

would be in our mid-long term roadmap. We will update this space as we make progress.

Thanks for your feedback!

1 Like

I tend to use similar colors across multiple workbooks, so I agree that themes are important as well as seeing a selectable list of colors currently used in the worksheet so that you can continue formatting other cells with that consistent set of colors.