Checklist in Spreadsheet

Hi,
It would be great if it is possible to get a checklist component (also with a value as a progress bar) in Spreadsheet. It would be very useful in kanban and form views
Thank you

Hi @fn_a,

One thing we are considering is potentially supporting markdown syntax in a new rich text data type. Markdown supports a special “task list” syntax, described here: Extended Syntax | Markdown Guide

Is this what you are referring to?

Meanwhile, if you have an example in mind it would be great if you could share a visual of what you are thinking of for “value as a progress bar”.

Thanks,
Matt

Hi @matt,
thank you for your fast replay. A new rich text data type for task list it seems a wonderful and interesting way! Regarding the example of I have in mind is similar to Trello card. See attached

I’m looking forward to hearing from you good news
Thank you again

Got it @fn_a, thanks for the suggestion. If we do end up supporting markdown in a rich text data type this progress bar makes sense and is something we might consider.

Hi @matt,
Do you have any news on about it?
Thank you in advance

@fn_a The feature is being worked on. Will share concrete dates in a few weeks time.

1 Like

hello @Santosh,
Are there any news about this feature?
Thank you again

Dear @fn_a,

Rich text datatype was part of our Dec 30 release and supports check list. Unfortunately, the specific progress bar representing the list completion status didn’t make it into the feature.

I’ll revert if there is a way we can leverage formula parsing and some spreadsheet magic to achieve this.

1 Like

There doesn’t seem to be a way to extract out the status of the checkbox within the rich text cell. That leaves us helpless with regards to this scenario.

ok - no problem :slight_smile: eventual its better to accomplish it with hierarchies and rows…
im excited to see the next updates on keyboard shortcuts and useabiltiy flaws :slight_smile:

1 Like