Ability to "snap out of" the Update column when creating formulas

Hey Everyone! :wave:

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned before. I’m not even sure what to call it. Basically, when creating column formulas in the Update Column window, it would be nice if we could click out of the box to either select a field or sheet (similar to how it’s done in sheets or excel) OR have the ability to minimize or move it around so that we can see what fields we’re trying to make reference to.

At the moment, it seems any long convoluted formulas would need to be created in separate window and then copy/paste back into the Update column text area. Not ideal.

I’m new (like today new) to Spreadsheet so it’s very possible that I’m not doing it correctly.

Love the app so far. :+1:

1 Like

I think that feedback from new users is some of the most valuable feedback, so keep it up and don’t be shy about sharing. :slightly_smiling_face:

I agree, I have wanted it myself ( essentially to look at the type, formatting of some columns etc )

1 Like

+1 and welcome @Nathalie_Collins! Great to have you as an early user.

We’re planning significant improvements to the Column Formula editor. No ETA yet but will follow up here once we get to it.

1 Like